With this week coming to a close, we're looking back on some of the photos you may have missed in the news this week.
From Ukraine to California, Pakistan, and Mexico City these run the gamut of moments that could easily pass you by... If you don't stop and take a longer look.
10 Things to See:
1. Ultra-Orthodox Jews stand next to bonfires during Lag Ba'Omer celebrations to commemorate the end of a plague said to have decimated Jews in Roman times, in Bnei Brak, Israel, Saturday, May 17, 2014.
2. A Thai soldier mans a checkpoint as motorcyclists ride past near the site where pro-government demonstrators stage a rally on the outskirts of Bangkok, Thailand Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
3. Children play soccer in the ruins of Paricatuba, near Manaus, Brazil, Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Manaus is one of the host cities for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
4. Relatives of a victim of the mine accident stand next to the grave of their loved one, in Soma, Turkey, Saturday, May 17, 2014. An explosion and fire at a coal mine in Soma, some 250 kilometers (155 miles) south of Istanbul, killed hundreds of workers in one of the worst mining disasters in Turkish history.
5. A couple stands in a fountain, where people gathered to enjoy the warm weather in Mexico City, Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
6. A Ukrainian coal miner smiles, after finishing his shift at a coal mine outside Donetsk, Ukraine, Tuesday, May 20, 2014. While steel worker in Mariupol joined anti-separatist actions, miners refused to take part in a planned protest against the Donetsk People's Republic.
7. A Pakistani health worker gives a polio vaccine to a child in Lahore, Pakistan, Monday, May 19, 2014. Pakistan will require all travelers leaving the country to obtain a polio vaccination from June 1, 2014, the health ministry said.
8. Fire engulfs a structure during a wildfire Thursday, May 15, 2014, in Escondido, Calif.
9. Rain runs down a pane of glass as a woman aboard a pony waits to guide a horse off the track during a workout session at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Friday, May 16, 2014. The Preakness Stakes horse race is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 17.
10. Actress Sophia Loren, front center, takes a photo as she sits with photographers during a photo call for Human Voice (Voce Umana) at the 67th international film festival, Cannes, southern France, Wednesday, May 21, 2014