Need we say more? Here's the Top Ten reasons we like Top Ten Lists:
10. They're to the point. Ten things, no extra bulls*it.
9. Letterman, and on occasion Jimmy Fallon, like them. We only wonder if Colbert will continue the trend.
8. You get to learn a lot of random information in a short amount of time. How else will we learn how to survive the zombie apocalypse or the numerous horrifying diseases we didn't even know existed.
7. For some reason they stick with us. In the thick of it, while the boss is breathing down your neck or what ever woman in your life is yelling, those numbered little lists come to the rescue.
6. More often than not they include hot women. From Maxim to GQ, Esquire to Playboy there are more Top Ten Lists that include hot women than there are balls in a baseball game.
5. They make life easy. We could probably make it through anything if it were broken down in to a list of short paragraphs. (Yes, it could have made the watching The Notebook much easier)
4. If you can put it in to a list, you can understand it. No Google search needed.
3. The answers are right there. Do you need much more than that?
2. No commitment necessary. This isn't War & Peace. It's a Top Ten List. Sure, there are Top 100 Lists out there but unless they are issued by GQ we may as well avoid the relationship.
1. The number one reason we love Top Ten Lists? It's a nice number. Ten. One-Zero. Even, round, and even the Dude can abide (there are ten pins in bowling).